Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2015

The five clouds






Do you think that this is a normal bench in a forest? No, it isn´t! Almost 30 years ago I was sitting on this bench watching an extraordinary miracle.

At that time, at the beginning of 1986,  I was at the age of 28 and and a very convinced young Christian. Half a year ago, in the midst of 1985, I had accepted Christ as my Savior after dramatic experiences (click here) . Without any doubts I knew that God was real and His presence had become my daily bread. It was beyond my imagination that this state could ever change. But, it happened!

One morning I heard a radio news of a 30000-year-old sceleton that had been found in Africa, and within a moment found myself in deep trouble, in a crisis of faith. How could it be, as - following the Bible -  Adam and Eve lived 6000 years ago?
   I was confused, and I asked myself: Were my experiences with God real, or only an illusion? Had I become a member of a sect, as my parents had said? It was definetely a moment when I could have lost my faith. So, I prayed and asked God to help me. After that I walked out of my home into the nearer surroundings.
   
Half an hour later I came to the place on the photo above. No one else was there. I was sitting sadly on that bench and thought about nothing special. In front of me I had a far-reaching view, as you can see in the next photo: 





It was not such a cloudy day. There was a blue sky and only a few clouds were visible.
   After some minutes sitting on the bench and looking indifferently into the distance, I suddenly noticed five clouds in a row. "Funny", I thought, "they are looking someway like letters. I focussed my view and suddenly I realized that this cloudy letters formed a word. And then I stared  unbelievingly into the sky. There I could read clearly the word:




(Of course, it´s not an original picture. It only should give you an imagination of what I´ve seen)

I was stunned. Could that be? Was there really written this word in the sky? I rose from the bench, walked a little bit to the right, then to the left, always fixed my eyes at that word. It was obviously: Without any doubts there was the name Jesus written at the sky. And immediately Iknew that this was the answer to my prayer.
   The Bible tells about Jesus: "There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved." (Acts 4,12) And this name I could now read in the sky!
  I knelt down and thanked God for this great revelation! Then I rose up and went away not looking back once more.

As I told at the beginning, this event happened almost 30 years ago. But it stabilized my faith and - perhaps - gave me the firmness to keep faith later in difficult circumstances, who knows!? 
  Actually, I never again doubted earnestly that God is real and Jesus my Savior. And what was about the 30 000 years-skeleton and Adam and Eve? Believe me, this couldn´t trouble my faith any longer!


So, if you want to read more about my experiences with God and Jesus, you should go    my Homepage




    

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen